Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any of the questions below to read the answer.
1 Where is the project located?
Cristal Beach Resort is located on the luxurious North Coast of the Dominican Republic in the town of Cabrera in the province of Maria Trinidad Sanchez. For more information about our Master Plan layout, please visit our Master Plan gallery.
2 What airports and airlines service this area?
There are 2 airports servicing Cristal Beach Resort. Gregorio Luperon International Airport (Known as Puerto Plata Airport) is approximately 80 minutes from Cristal Beach Resort and is served by many of the world’s major airlines. The newest airport in the Dominican Republic is called El Catey and is approximately 30 minutes from Cristal Beach Resort. Currently El Catey airport services flights from Germany, Spain, Italy, Puerto Rico, and will begin continental U.S. Flights with major airlines. Additionally, the airports in Santiago and Santo Domingo are an alternative albeit further away.
3 What is the climate in this area of the Dominican Republic?
The Dominican Republic boasts beautiful tropical weather all year round, with the average annual temperature hovering around 30°C (80°F). Some call the Dominican Republic’s climate, “the endless summer”, due to warm and sunny conditions experienced almost everywhere in the country, all year round. The Robb Report, calls it “The next IT Destination”!
4 What activities are available in the area?
There are an abundance of activities in the area such as:
- Golf – “The Pebble Beach Of The Caribbean” – Golf Digest – World championship golf at the Robert Trent Sr. course Playa Grande, where 12 of the 18 holes on this championship golf course hover on the cliffs above the ocean.
- Eco-Tourism – Adventure of exploring the flora and fauna of an unspoiled tropical environment.
- Fishing – World class fishing for Dorado, Wahoo, Sailfish, Marlin, Tuna and more.
- Rainforest – Horseback, camping, jeep safari and ATV riding in the rainforest.
- Surfing – The area is known world wide for its wonderful surfing, especially kite and wind surfing.
- Whale Watchin – The North Coast is a direct migration path for the humpback whale.
- Outdoor Activities – Activities such as hiking, mountain climbing – featuring PicoDuarte- the highest mountain in the Caribbean, mountain biking, Kayak, canyon exploration, caving and white water rafting.
- Scuba – Some of the world’s finest shipwrecks and cave diving along with a myriad of coral reefs and tropical sea life.
- Snorkeling – Some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean is steps away from your condo.
5 Is the water safe to drink?
Even though Cristal Beach will install filtration systems that could provide drinkable water, it is advised to drink the fresh bottled water that will be supplied daily to every unit by the resort.
6 Is it necessary to speak Spanish in the Dominican Republic?
While Spanish is the official language, English is widely spoken in many areas of the Dominican Republic. Also, our Concierge Service will be offering beginner Spanish classes to those who are interested.
7 Do we have to furnish our unit?
No. The developer will furnish all units with executive level quality and designed furnishings. The kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms will all be fully fitted. This is included in the purchase price.
8 Will there be security?
While not necessary, Cristal Beach Resort is a fully gated community. Security guards will be on site 24 hours a day all year long. Also a bilingual staff member will tend the reception desk 24/7 along with on site residential manager.
9 Will there be an association?
There will be an association responsible for annual financial report, quarterly revenue distribution, presentation of annual budget, organization of annual share holders meeting, full accounting reports in USD, legal aspects and daily hotel operations.
10 Can our unit be rented?
All owners will have at their sole discretion the option to include their unit in the condo rental pool and share in the revenue of the entire resort. The dynamics have been set forth so that all owners will be cash flow positive, inclusive of condo and maintenance fees. The configurations of the units have been designed to increase your investment return over and above unquestionable appreciation.
11 What is the currency used in the Dominican Republic?
The official currency is Dominican Pesos but the US dollar is widely accepted. All purchase prices and payments for Cristal Beach Resort will be paid in US dollars.
12 What services are available for unit owners at Cristal Beach?
- One of the world’s most beautiful and breathtaking beaches- “Conde Nast Traveller”
- Three spectacular infinity pools with cascading waterfalls
- Spectacular, cliff-side fitness facility including; Spa, Yoga, Pilates and training.
- Full Service Restaurant & Bar
- Live entertainment
- Business and conference center
- Gourmet Store and Boutique
- Full concierge service that will book all activities, arrange dinner reservations, handle private parties etc.
- Daily Maid service
- Internet, phone, satellite and cable service will be available to all units.
13 Are there restrictions to foreigners owning property or units in the Dominican Republic?
You will receive full legal title to your unit as with property owned in the United States and other similar countries. You will be given fee simple title to your unit. Additionally, the resort has applied to the Dominican Government to have taxes of the resort owners waived for a period of up to 10 years per the new governmental tax incentive program in tourist zones.
14 What deposits are required with a purchase of a Cristal Beach unit?
Owners deposit is guaranteed, deposits are secured via Fidelity Title and Escrow Services. Refundable reservations will be accepted with a 10% deposit and deposited funds will go directly into escrow via Fidelity Title and Escrow Services. Upon the point where 28 units are reserved vertical construction will commence within 30 days and the entire project will be performed in a single phase. Reserved parties will be notified immediately that an additional 10% will be due upon commencement of vertical construction…20% down. Progress payments will be in line with construction progress. PROJECT IS FULLY FUNDED. Progress payment schedule is as follows:
- 10% Down
- 10% Pouring of slab
- 10% upon completion of roof
- 5% upon windows and doors-weather tight
- 15% at commencement of plumbing
- 10% at commencement of HVAC
- 15% at commencement of Electrical
- 15% at commencement of finishes
- 10% Upon final completion
PRICES ON REMAINING UNITS WILL INCREASE BY 15% AFTER 28 UNITS ARE SOLD AND AGAIN BY 15% AFTER 48 UNITS ARE SOLD, YIELDING OUR PRECONSTRUCTION BUYERS 30% EQUITY BEFORE PROJECT COMPLETION.
15 What is the local time zone?
The local time zone is Eastern Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time is not observed.